First and foremost, this community is intended to be fun, informative, and safe. As a member of
the PawVillage community, you agree to adhere to the Code of Conduct and understand the
Suspension Penalties set forth by the administrators of this community.
The Code of Conduct is a general guideline for acting responsibly within the community. While
you are at the site and engaged in any form of communication, you should adhere to these simple
PawVillage reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any
information or materials that are unacceptable, offensive, or in violation of this statement.
PawVillage also reserves the right to prohibit any user who violates
the Code of Conduct or other Terms of the agreement from using the site and site-related
services without warning.
- Do not inhibit other users from using and enjoying the site and site-related services.
- Do not post or transmit any fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene,
or otherwise objectionable or personally harmful information of any kind.
- Do not post materials in violation of another party's copyright or other intellectual property
If you have any questions or comments about the Code of Conduct, please email
PawVillage provides this site and related services subject to your
compliance with all applicable laws and regulations governing the site, and the conditions set
forth in these Terms. Please read these Terms thoroughly prior to accessing or using the site.
PawVillage reserves the right to change, modify, or update these
Terms at any time. You agree to be bound by such changes, modifications, or updates effective
immediately upon posting on the site. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, please do
not use the site.
All content, including text, images, and other materials, on the PawVillage.com site is provided for
general entertainment and information purposes only and should not be construed as medical,
legal, or professional advice, opinion, or treatment. Information provided is not a substitute for
medical attention or advice provided by a licensed veterinary healthcare professional. You are
only authorized to view, download, retain, store or output a copy of pages of this site for your own
personal, noncommercial use. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any edited form. Do
not duplicate, publish, modify, transmit, distribute, display, or create derivative works of the
content on this site without the express written permission of PawVillage. The content and
software on this site is the property of PawVillage and/or its suppliers and is protected by
U.S. and international copyright laws. Please do not remove the legal notice or credits posted on
pages of the site, or any additional information contained along with the notices and credits.
PawVillage shall not be liable or responsible to any person or entity
for any loss or damage caused, or alleged to have been caused, directly or indirectly by the
information or ideas contained, suggested, or referenced on this site. Your use of this site
therefore is solely at your own risk.
Code of Conduct.
While using the site and/or site-related services, you agree not to:
PawVillage has no obligation to monitor the site and/or site-related
services. However, you acknowledge and agree that PawVillage
has the right to monitor the site and site-related services and to disclose any information
necessary to operate the site properly, to protect themselves and their sponsors and customers,
and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the site and/or site-related services;
- Post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory,
obscene, or otherwise objectionable or harmful information of any kind;
- Post or transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, trojan horse, or other
disruptive or harmful component; or
- Post or transmit materials in violation of another party's copyright or other intellectual property
Copyright and Trademarks.
Copyright © 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 PawVillage, all rights reserved.
The information contained in this site, including all text, graphics, images, designs and
photographs not contributed as personal information or User content are copyrights, trademarks
and other intellectual property of PawVillage or its parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies,
or its licensors or content providers, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright and
trademark laws. The compilation of all content on this web site is the exclusive property of
PawVillage. "PawVillage", "PawVillage.com", the "PawVillage.com" logo, "Online Pedigree
Database", the "Online Pedigree Database" logo, "connecting the purebred canine community",
"Australian Shepherds Online", the "Australian Shepherds Online" logo, and all trademarks, service marks, and trade names appearing on the site
are trademarks of and copyrighted by PawVillage of Mendon, Massachusetts or their
respective owners that have granted PawVillage the right to use
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
1. If you are a copyright owner and believe that any user content or other content on PawVillage infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing us with the following information in writing:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide written communication by email that includes the items listed above. Send the written communication to:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your notice will be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements listed above, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
2. Counter-Notice: Pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), you may make a counter notification if your content was removed due to a DMCA notice. You may file a counter notice by providing us with the following information in writing:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Worcester County, Massachusetts, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification.
For a sample counter notification, please visit http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca/counter512.pdf.
If we receive a counter notice, we may send a copy to the person who provided notification of alleged copyright infringement informing that person that it may replace the removed material in 10 business days, unless we first receive notice from the copyright owner that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the subscriber from engaging in infringing activity.
There are many opportunities for users to contribute to the PawVillage.com website. These include,
among others, contributing content such as pedigree information, photos, articles, links or other
materials to the site. PawVillage is not liable or responsible for any
content provided by its users or other third parties to the site ("User content"). PawVillage
is not liable or responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results
obtained from the use of such content. The contributions of third parties do not necessarily
represent the view or opinions of PawVillage. PawVillage
cannot preview User content before it appears, and do not guarantee the accuracy of
completeness of such content. Users can be held liable for any illegal or prohibited User content
they provide to the site, including among other things, infringing, defamatory, and/or offensive
materials. However, if you discover this kind of material on the site, please notify us at
WebMaster@PawVillage.com. We will investigate your claim and take appropriate action. If you
post any original content to the site, by electronic mail or otherwise, we will treat it as non-
confidential and non-proprietary to you.
By posting, transmitting, or submitting content or other materials to the site, you agree to provide
PawVillage an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to
distribute, reproduce, adapt, perform, display, and sublicense or otherwise use the posted or
transmitted content or materials, in connection with the Web site and any other media now known
or hereafter discovered, and you hereby acknowledge that you have the authority to grant such
rights to PawVillage. PawVillage is not
liable for any lost data resulting from the operation of our site and/or the enforcement of the
Terms. We urge all users to maintain their own back up versions of any content they submit to the
The site may contain references or links to third party sites throughout the World Wide Web.
PawVillage has no control over these sites, their availability, or the
content within them. PawVillage cannot guarantee, represent or
warrant that the content contained in these sites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive.
PawVillage does not endorse the content of any third party site, nor
can we warrant that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. You
acknowledge that the owners of these sites neither endorse nor are affiliated with
PawVillage. By using the site to search for or link to another site, you
agree and acknowledge that PawVillage is not responsible for any
damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the site to obtain such information.
However, if you have a problem with a link from the site, please let us know at
WebMaster@PawVillage.com and we will investigate the link and take appropriate action.
You acknowledge that, when you click on a link to visit a third party web site, a frame may appear
that contains the PawVillage logo, advertisements, and/or other content selected by
The following is a partial list of the kind of content which is illegal or prohibited on the site. It
includes content that:
PawVillage reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any
information or materials, in whole or in part, that are unacceptable, offensive, or in violation of
these Terms. PawVillage also reserves the right to prohibit any user
who, in PawVillage's sole discretion, violates the Code of Conduct or
other conditions of these Terms from using the site and/or site-related services. Such prohibition
may occur without notice to the user.
- Is patently offensive, such as content promoting racism, bigotry, hatred or violence of any
kind against any group, individual, or animal;
- Is harmful to minors;
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- Involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing;
- Promotes information that you know is false, misleading, or promotes illegal activities or
conduct, is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- Is or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's work, such as
providing pirated computer programs or links to them, provides information to circumvent
manufacture-installed copy-protect devices; providing pirated content or links to pirated
- Contains restricted, hidden, or password only access pages or images;
- Displays pornographic material of any kind;
- Provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner,
or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal
weapons; violating someone's privacy; providing or creating computer viruses;
- Solicits passwords, personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes
from other users;
- Engages in commercial activities and/or sales without PawVillage's prior written
consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, pyramid schemes, etc.
If you wish to license or make purchases of products or services described on the site, you may
be asked to supply certain information, including but not limited to credit card or other payment
information. You agree that all information that you provide will be accurate, complete, and
current. You agree to pay all charges incurred by users of your account and credit care or other
payment mechanism at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You will also be
responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to such purchases. Moreover, you agree to
review and to comply with the terms and conditions of any specific agreement that you enter into
in connection with the licensing or purchase of any product or service.
The prices advertised on this site are for Internet orders. Prices, inventory and availability are
subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to limit sales, including also the right to
refuse sales to re-sellers. We are not responsible for typographical or photographic errors on the
Void Where Prohibited.
Although the site is accessible worldwide, not all products and/or services discussed or
referenced in the site are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions.
PawVillage reserves the right to limit the provision of any product and/or
service to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction it so desires, in their sole discretion, and to
limit the quantities of any such product or service that they provide. Any offer for any product
and/or service made in the site is void where prohibited.
Violation of the Terms.
In our sole discretion, PawVillage may terminate, suspend, or restrict your access to all or
part of the site and remove any unauthorized User content, without notice, if PawVillage
believes that the User content you provided has violated or is inconsistent with the Terms or with
the intention behind them, or that you have violated the rights of PawVillage, another User,
sponsor, merchant, or other third party, or any applicable law. PawVillage may release user
information about you if required by law or subpoena, or if the information is necessary or
appropriate to release to address an unlawful or harmful activity.
We believe that your privacy and the privacy of all our users is important. Please review our
without the permission of a parent or guardian.
PawVillage does not warrant that the site will be error-free, uninterrupted, current,
complete, nor that it will provide specific results from use of the site or any content,
search or link on it. The site and its content are delivered on an "as-is" and "as-available"
basis. PawVillage disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the site
and its content, including also any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a
particular purpose, and noninfringement. In no event will PawVillage be liable for any
consequential, indirect, direct, incidental, special, exemplary, or punitive damages,
however caused and under any theory of liability (including negligence), arising from or
relating in any way to your use of the site, site-related services, and/or content or
information contained within the site, even if PawVillage has been advised of the
possibility of such damages. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of this
site and site-related services. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the site, site-
related services and/or content or information contained within the site is to stop using
the site and/or those services.
You acknowledge that any warranty that is provided in connection with any of the
products or services described herein is provided solely by the owner, advertiser, or
manufacturer of that product and/or service, and not by PawVillage.
A possibility exists that the site could contain inaccuracies or errors. Additionally, a
possibility exists that unauthorized additions, deletions, and/or alterations could be made
to the site by third parties. Although PawVillage attempts to
ensure the integrity and accurateness of the site, there is no guarantee whatsoever as to
the correctness or accuracy of the site. In the event that an inaccuracy arises, please
inform PawVillage staff so that it can be corrected.
This site is operated by PawVillage, a Massachusetts business, with offices in the United
States. If there is any dispute about or involving the site, by using the site, you agree that the
dispute will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to its
conflict of law provisions. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal
courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, County of Worcester.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless PawVillage, it's
subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, officers, agents and other partners and employees, from any
loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due
to or arising out of your use of the site and/or site-related services, including also your use of the
site to provide a link to another site or to upload content or other information to the site.
If you have questions about these Terms or want to contact us for any reason you may do so by
emailing us at WebMaster@PawVillage.com.