Situated in Normandy, it was numerically not only the most important kennel in the production of fawns, but also in the Berger Belge in general, having more than 40 active subjects during certain periods.|
Having already bred and raised some Groenendael, who were always present in the kennel, Clos St Jacques acquired its first couple of fawns in 1948. Until 1957, in spite of encouraging local success, its products never managed to assert themselves in the first places of the strong Paris competition. From this time forward, however, and primarily thanks to the offspring of its great stud Faune du Clos St Jacques, who greatly improved the type and homogenity of the kennel, Clos St Jacuqes acquired, and for some years maintained, an almost total supremacy. It dominated the championship shows and the breed specials primarily between 1960 and 1965.
The kennel began with Witan de la Garde Noire and Walhalla de Sang Bleu. BBA p97
Walhalla de Sang Bleu was used by the Clos St Jacques kennel and diffused the "at" gene through at least 4 of her descendants.